Since 1949, Seneca Conservation District has held an Annual Meeting, which is a celebration of all the conservation accomplishments of the year. Dinner, entertainment, socializing, awards and election of supervisors are the normal agenda items for the evening. But we are always adding fresh and fun twists, this 66th celebration is no different!
This year the meeting will be held at Seneca County School of Opportunity (780 E CR 20, Tiffin) on Thursday, August 20 at 6pm. Tickets are $10 each and must be purchased by August 12. Here are some of the twists for this year.
One of the most fun twists of this meeting is the addition of Seneca County Farm Bureau. A couple of years ago, both organizations were holding similar, but separate, annual meetings. The leaderships of both farm-focused, Seneca County-driven organizations decided to combine efforts and audiences for one fun evening of celebrating their own and the other’s accomplishments. Last year the game of Jeopardy that matched our Board President, Chris Schimpf against Farm Bureau President, Gene Daniel was very entertaining!
Laura Johnson, Research Scientist, from Heidelberg University’s National Center for Water Quality Research will be the featured speaker. She will be adding an educational twist to the evening as she explains the latest research and efforts to curb phosphorous entering Lake Erie.
The final twist for this meeting will come from a machine–an ice cream machine! Make your own ice cream sundae for dessert, if you have any room after the BBQ pork chop or chicken, green beans and mashed potatoes.
Anyone is welcome to attend the 2015 Election of Supervisors, voting is restricted to Seneca County landowners, who are at least 18 years of age. Tickets are required for the meal, entertainment, awards and door prizes.
Tickets can be purchased in person, over the phone or by email. After sixty-six years, some might think that conservation would be boring or that the annual meeting is the same as the 65th one. But remember all the twists we’ve added? You won’t want to miss the latest Seneca County farm news, Lake Erie and phosphorous research, nor the great BBQ and awesome ice cream sundaes. Get your tickets now!
- 2020 Tree Sale - January 28, 2020
- Final Weeks to Order Tree Seedlings - March 18, 2016
- It’s here: Seneca Conservation District’s 2016 Tree Sale - January 12, 2016
- 66th Celebration of Conservation-Don’t Miss It! - July 28, 2015
- We’ve got No-Till Drills For Rent - April 29, 2015
- 2015 Local Conservation Contractor List - March 20, 2015
- 2015 Tree Seedling Sale Underway - January 7, 2015
- Get your Annual Meeting Tickets - July 31, 2014
- Seneca Conservation District – Farm Bureau Annual Meeting Aug. 27 - July 11, 2014
- Tree Seedling Sale Details - July 7, 2014