From November 23, 2003 until October 18, 2015, our Seneca Conservation District family was different. Drastically different! As the District Program Administrator of Seneca Conservation District, Tia J. Rice was known for being DIFFERENT.
Tia’s passion and leadership in natural resource conservation, agriculture, and people was evident in her personal and professional life. Whether taking her son to a pheasant hunt, making her daughter help at a work event, or encouraging her employees to take care of their own family and farms, she led with a “family first” attitude, while working hard at making conservation happen wherever she was. Tia served on many task forces and committees at county, state and national levels guiding the future of locally led, professionally staffed, and adequately funded soil and water conservation districts. She was involved in many local organizations with her “conservation” hat, but always gave generously of her time to further what she knew was right and needed done, because she cared about the people in each group.
If you learned anything from the life of Tia, be different with it! If you want to memorialize Tia’s impact in your life, in your organization, or at your business; we are collecting memorial funds to distribute a scholarship in her honor to students attending her alma mater, THE Ohio State University. Stay tuned for more details on applying for the scholarship.
- Spreading the Word about Cover Crops Beyond Seneca County & Our Farmers - February 1, 2019
- Cut and Treat your Grapevine – Winter Conservation Video Series - January 11, 2019
- Now Hiring-We Have 2 Vacancies on Our Team - August 21, 2018
- Survey for Sunset at the Farm Planning - May 10, 2018
- We’re Hiring! Positions Open!! - March 5, 2018
- You’re Invited to the Ohio Soil Health Symposium! - March 1, 2018
- Answers to a Few of the Most Common Questions - January 18, 2018
- Board Candidates & Election Info for Dec 12 - November 28, 2017
- 2 Positions Open on Our Team - October 10, 2016
- Come on Over for our Cover Crop Seeding Field Day -9/23 - September 15, 2016