Beef Quality Assurance (BQA) is a nationally coordinated, state implemented program that provides systematic information to U.S. beef producers and beef consumers. The program couples home common sense husbandry techniques with accepted scientific knowledge to raise cattle under optimum management and environmental conditions. BQA guidelines are designed to make certain all beef consumers can take pride in what they purchase and can trust and have confidence in the entire beef industry.
BQA programs have evolved to include the best practices around good record keeping and protecting herd health, which can result in more profits for producers. When better quality cows leave the farm and reach the market place, the producer, packer, and consumer all benefit. When better quality beef reaches the supermarket and consumers are more confident in the beef they are buying, beef consumption increases.
To be BQA certified, you must attend a training session or complete a session online. In-person training will last about two hours. Online training can be completed at your convenience. Both will allow you to complete the certification process.
- Monday, May 21st – 9am – UPI- Bucyrus, Ohio
- Tuesday, June 26th – 1pm – UPI- Bucyrus, Ohio
- Tuesday, July 24th – 9am – UPI- Bucyrus, Ohio
- Monday, August 20th – 7pm – UPI- Bucyrus, Ohio
- Tuesday, September 11th – 1pm – UPI- Bucyrus, Ohio
- Monday, October 15th – 7pm – UPI- Bucyrus, Ohio
- Friday, October 19th – 1pm – UPI- Creston, Ohio
- Monday, November 19th – 9am – UPI- Bucyrus, Ohio
Visit www.bqa.org/certification/online-certification to begin the online certification process. You will be required to complete a series of lessons followed by a quiz to complete the certification process. Once completed, you will receive your certification.
After completing your certification, please remember to bring a copy of your certification to your local UPI market.
Want to learn more about how you can better manage your pastures? Join us at our Summer Pasture Walk!
- Exploring Ag at Terra State Community College - November 27, 2019
- Exploring Ag at Poet Biorefining - November 5, 2019
- Exploring Ag - October 7, 2019
- Tia J Rice Memorial Scholarship Winners! - August 21, 2019
- Do You Need to Be BQA Certified? - May 29, 2018
- Take a Walk with Us at Our Summer Pasture Walk Event! - May 29, 2018
- The Three M’s: Milk, Meat, and Manure - December 8, 2017