Looking for an amazing opportunity to learn more about the outdoors and conservation? Check out the Camp Canopy!
From June 10-15, the Ohio Forestry Association Foundation, ODNR Divisions of Wildlife & Forestry, Ohio State University Extension, and county Soil & Water Conservation Districts (SWCDs) will be putting on a week-long camp called Camp Canopy! You may recognize this as last year’s camp called Ohio Forestry and Wildlife Conservation Camp at the FFA Camp Muskingum camp in Carroll County. The camp is open to all high school students (incoming freshmen through graduating seniors). Deadline to sign up is Friday, June 8.
According to the Division of Wildlife website:
“If you love the outdoors and want to learn more about how trees grow and where wildlife like to live, this is the camp for you,” said Jeremy Scherf, camp co-director and service forester with the ODNR Division of Forestry. “We are offering some new sessions along with great educational and recreational activities for our campers this summer.”
At the end of the camp, students will take an exam and tree identification test over what was learned. The highest scoring students will compete for scholarships for The Ohio State University, Hocking College, and Ohio University. A total of $6,000 will be awarded this year.
For more in depth information about this camp or to register visit campcanopy.com. If you would like even more information, sign up for the e-newsletter. You can also find Camp Canopy on Instagram (camp_canopy), Twitter (@CampCanopy_OH) and Facebook (fb.me/CampCanopy).
If you have any questions about Camp Canopy, please contact me, Sarah Schott (email@example.com). I attended Camp Canopy last year as a high school junior and would like to help anyone with any concerns they have!
Make sure to check out the promotional videos below!
- The Sandusky River Needs Your Help! - May 12, 2018
- Ohio Forestry and Wildlife Conservation Camp - May 10, 2018
- The Monarch Butterfly: Common Questions & What YOU Can Do - April 26, 2018
- Check Out Videos from the 2018 Conservation Tillage & Technology Conference - April 24, 2018
- Online: 2017 National Conference on Cover Crops & Soil Health - April 24, 2018
- Online: 2017 National Conference on Cover Crops & Soil Health - April 12, 2018
- Tree Sale Pick Up Dates Changed - April 12, 2018
- Online: 2017 National Conference on Cover Crops & Soil Health - April 4, 2018
- Join Us for a Cover Crop (termination) Chat! - April 3, 2018
- Online: 2017 National Conference on Cover Crops & Soil Health - March 29, 2018