Looking for an amazing opportunity to learn more about the outdoors and conservation? Check out the Camp Canopy!
From June 10-15, the Ohio Forestry Association Foundation, ODNR Divisions of Wildlife & Forestry, Ohio State University Extension, and county Soil & Water Conservation Districts (SWCDs) will be putting on a week-long camp called Camp Canopy! You may recognize this as last year’s camp called Ohio Forestry and Wildlife Conservation Camp at the FFA Camp Muskingum camp in Carroll County. The camp is open to all high school students (incoming freshmen through graduating seniors). Deadline to sign up is Friday, June 8.
According to the Division of Wildlife website:
“If you love the outdoors and want to learn more about how trees grow and where wildlife like to live, this is the camp for you,” said Jeremy Scherf, camp co-director and service forester with the ODNR Division of Forestry. “We are offering some new sessions along with great educational and recreational activities for our campers this summer.”
At the end of the camp, students will take an exam and tree identification test over what was learned. The highest scoring students will compete for scholarships for The Ohio State University, Hocking College, and Ohio University. A total of $6,000 will be awarded this year.
For more in depth information about this camp or to register visit campcanopy.com. If you would like even more information, sign up for the e-newsletter. You can also find Camp Canopy on Instagram (camp_canopy), Twitter (@CampCanopy_OH) and Facebook (fb.me/CampCanopy).
If you have any questions about Camp Canopy, please contact me, Sarah Schott (firstname.lastname@example.org). I attended Camp Canopy last year as a high school junior and would like to help anyone with any concerns they have!
Make sure to check out the promotional videos below!
- All You Need to Know About the Conservation Reserve Enhancement Program - May 8, 2019
- New Incentive in Ohio’s Soil & Water Phosphorus Program: Ohio Working Lands Small Grain Program - May 8, 2019
- New Incentive in Ohio’s Soil & Water Phosphorus Program: Ohio Working Lands Buffer Program - May 8, 2019
- What’s New at the Farm?! - May 6, 2019
- Ohio Lake Erie Commission Seeking Submissions for 2019 “Life on Lake Erie” Photo Contest - April 11, 2019
- You Can Still Place Orders for the Tree Sale! - April 11, 2019
- Scholarship Offered by American Forage & Grassland Council - April 2, 2019
- Attend the Ohio Outdoor & Wildlife Expo! - March 15, 2019
- Meet the New Ohio Director of Agriculture! - March 13, 2019
- We’re Hiring! - February 14, 2019