The Seneca Conservation District is hiring two (2) full-time (40 hours/week) positions. Both positions will help Seneca County landowners and public entities with drainage assistance and the SCD Team with outreach and education programs/events. The Agronomy-focused position will provide nutrient and cover crop coaching to farmers and oversee the floodplain program for Seneca County. The Wildlife-focused position will assist private landowners with habitat development, cooperate with the Division of Wildlife and local partner organizations to monitor and educate about wildlife resources and oversee the rental equipment of the SCD.
Ability to work independently, great interpersonal communication skills, ability to create and maintain trusting relationships, attention to detail, excellent organizational skills, professional and authentic written and verbal communications are also necessary. The ideal candidates will have a background in production agriculture, a passion for working in local communities and be highly satisfied when helping others excel and grow. Both positions require a valid driver’s license, ability to lift 50 pounds and walk long distances in uneven, all-weather conditions.
Salary range is $13-19/hour. The Seneca Conservation District is a family-friendly employer and provides generous paid time-off for holidays, vacation and personal and family sickness. Enrollment and employer contributions to the Ohio Public Retirement System are also a benefit for the person(s) hired for each position. A team atmosphere with independent initiative opportunities and professional development are also advantages for each position.
Interested applicants should submit a resume, three references and a cover letter explaining why you want to be considered for the position by 4:30pm on August 31, 2018. All materials should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or 3140 S SR 100, Ste D, Tiffin, OH 44883.
Questions about the vacancy can be directed to Beth Diesch (419)447-7073 or email@example.com.
Job descriptions and printable details can be found here…August 2018 Vacancy Announcement
- Now Hiring-We Have 2 Vacancies on Our Team - August 21, 2018
- Survey for Sunset at the Farm Planning - May 10, 2018
- We’re Hiring! Positions Open!! - March 5, 2018
- You’re Invited to the Ohio Soil Health Symposium! - March 1, 2018
- Answers to a Few of the Most Common Questions - January 18, 2018
- Board Candidates & Election Info for Dec 12 - November 28, 2017
- 2 Positions Open on Our Team - October 10, 2016
- Come on Over for our Cover Crop Seeding Field Day -9/23 - September 15, 2016
- We want you to come – September 19th! - September 13, 2016
- What’s Your Farm’s Legacy? –Ladies Only Event – August 2 & 16 - July 26, 2016