Have you always wanted to start hunting but don’t know where to start? With all the decoys, clothes, calls, and equipment sold at outdoors stores, the whole process can seem a little overwhelming! Fortunately, there are several opportunities for those with little to no experience in hunting that will breakdown everything to teach people how to hunt!
Events added as of September 9th! Keep checking back for more opportunities as they arrive! We will keep this post as updated as possible as we hear about the events!
PF Extreme Upland Experience for Youth (Multiple dates!)
Description: The “PF Extreme Upland Experience” is for all kids ages 12-18! There will be firearm safety, care, and handling demonstrations to teach youth how to properly use and handle a firearm. Instructors will also discuss attendees habitat education and dog handling (with demonstrations!) Youth will also have the opportunity to participate in a guided Pheasant hunt if they present a valid Ohio hunting or apprentice license!
Date/Time/Location: This is a four week program with meeting dates on October 14, & 21. The events will be held at the Cooke Family Wildlife Park 4774 OH-13, Shiloh, OH 44878. Meeting times will vary.
How to attend: This program is FREE to all youth between 12-18 years of age. All youth must possess a current, valid hunting license or apprentice license to participate in the hunting portion. Sign up with begin on September 1st! Contact Jeremy or Lori via phone or text message at (330) 641-2746 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up.
- Ashland County Pheasants Forever
- (330) 641-2746
- Practical Farmers of Iowa Offers Invites Farmers to Join Their Small Grains Cost-Share Program - September 26, 2018
- #PartnerSpotlight: Sutton Bank - September 9, 2018
- Become a Partner with Seneca Conservation District!! - August 22, 2018
- FREE Youth Clay Shoots! - August 22, 2018
- Cover Crop (planting!) Chat - August 16, 2018
- FREE Range Day at ALL ODNR Shooting Ranges! - August 1, 2018
- Opportunities for Those Who Want to Learn to Hunt!! - August 1, 2018
- Come Cool Off with Us at Water Fest! - August 1, 2018
- #FarmWithGrit - July 13, 2018
- Position Open: 4 County MNM Assistant - July 2, 2018