To participate in the program you must meet all of the following requirements:
- Plant a small grain (barely, cereal rye, oats, triticale, or wheat) that will be harvested in 2019 and follow it with an underseeded or summer planted legume cover crop.
- On land that is NOT certified organic (transitioning OK) and NOT already cost shared through another program for extended rotations (NRCS Practice 328).
- Complete the PFI online survey in the small grain year and the following corn describing production practices and expenses.
- Attend at least one learning opportunity per year such as a shared learning call, annual grower summit call, or the in-person small grains annual conference.
- Become a PFI member!
What are the benefits of becoming a PFI Member?
- Access to additional support on producing small grains
- Access to a field crop discussion group
- Invitations to on-farm field days
- Opportunities to participate in on-farm research
- and much more!
Looking to join the program?
It’s easy to sign-up!
- First, make sure you are a PFI member! If you are not or need to renew your membership, head over to the PFI Join or Renew Page.
- Once you are a member, visit the 2019 PFI Small Grains Cost Share Sign-Up or contact Alisha Bower via the information below. Be sure to have your farm, tract, and field information handy before starting the sign-up form!
Need more information about the program?
Check out the PFI Small Grains page for more information about the Cost Share Program.
Contact Alisha Bower, Strategic Initiatives Manager via the information below:
- All You Need to Know About the Conservation Reserve Enhancement Program - May 8, 2019
- New Incentive in Ohio’s Soil & Water Phosphorus Program: Ohio Working Lands Small Grain Program - May 8, 2019
- New Incentive in Ohio’s Soil & Water Phosphorus Program: Ohio Working Lands Buffer Program - May 8, 2019
- What’s New at the Farm?! - May 6, 2019
- Ohio Lake Erie Commission Seeking Submissions for 2019 “Life on Lake Erie” Photo Contest - April 11, 2019
- You Can Still Place Orders for the Tree Sale! - April 11, 2019
- Scholarship Offered by American Forage & Grassland Council - April 2, 2019
- Attend the Ohio Outdoor & Wildlife Expo! - March 15, 2019
- Meet the New Ohio Director of Agriculture! - March 13, 2019
- We’re Hiring! - February 14, 2019