To participate in the program you must meet all of the following requirements:
- Plant a small grain (barely, cereal rye, oats, triticale, or wheat) that will be harvested in 2019 and follow it with an underseeded or summer planted legume cover crop.
- On land that is NOT certified organic (transitioning OK) and NOT already cost shared through another program for extended rotations (NRCS Practice 328).
- Complete the PFI online survey in the small grain year and the following corn describing production practices and expenses.
- Attend at least one learning opportunity per year such as a shared learning call, annual grower summit call, or the in-person small grains annual conference.
- Become a PFI member!
What are the benefits of becoming a PFI Member?
- Access to additional support on producing small grains
- Access to a field crop discussion group
- Invitations to on-farm field days
- Opportunities to participate in on-farm research
- and much more!
Looking to join the program?
It’s easy to sign-up!
- First, make sure you are a PFI member! If you are not or need to renew your membership, head over to the PFI Join or Renew Page.
- Once you are a member, visit the 2019 PFI Small Grains Cost Share Sign-Up or contact Alisha Bower via the information below. Be sure to have your farm, tract, and field information handy before starting the sign-up form!
Need more information about the program?
Check out the PFI Small Grains page for more information about the Cost Share Program.
Contact Alisha Bower, Strategic Initiatives Manager via the information below:
- Tia J Rice Memorial Scholarship Winners! - October 25, 2018
- Practical Farmers of Iowa Offers Invites Farmers to Join Their Small Grains Cost-Share Program - September 26, 2018
- #PartnerSpotlight: Buckeye Soil Solutions - September 11, 2018
- #PartnerSpotlight: Sutton Bank - September 9, 2018
- Become a Partner with Seneca Conservation District!! - August 22, 2018
- FREE Youth Clay Shoots! - August 22, 2018
- Cover Crop (planting!) Chat - August 16, 2018
- FREE Range Day at ALL ODNR Shooting Ranges! - August 1, 2018
- Opportunities for Those Who Want to Learn to Hunt!! - August 1, 2018
- Come Cool Off with Us at Water Fest! - August 1, 2018