We are currently accepting resumes for two vacancies on the Seneca Conservation District team- District Technician (Drainage Focused) and District Technician (Wildlife Focused).
These full time team members will work directly with Seneca County farms and homes to solve natural resource problems on their land. SCD team members are expected to contribute to the innovative, team culture and participate in the outreach initiatives, events, and digital communication efforts of Seneca Conservation District.
District Technician, Drainage Focused
This position will administer and coordinate the Ditch Maintenance Program, including extensive cooperation with landowners, contractors, and other public entities as well as provide a high level of financial accountability and record keeping. The position will also provide drainage assistance to landowners and local entities.
District Technician, Wildlife Focused
This position will cooperate with the Division of Wildlife programs, inspect the apiary yards, oversee the rental equipment of the SCD, and provide educational programming to homes that relate to the mission and local natural resource priorities. A minimum of an Associate’s Degree in Natural Resources or related study is required for this position.
A background in production agriculture, a personal commitment to conservation and a desire to continuously work for better ways to do things are highly desired qualities. Knowledge of land surveying, AutoCAD and ArcGIS software is also sought of applicants. High levels of interpersonal communications, personal organization, attention to details, and action resulting in impact are some of the traits that the selected candidates must possess. Computer, math, and engineering skills will be utilized daily. Use of Google apps, social media, and modern office software and equipment will also be required to complete the duties of the positions. Individuals must be able to work in outdoor conditions, lift at least 50 pounds, and hold a valid Driver’s License.
Benefits include OPERS retirement, medical, dental, vision, and life insurance coverage options, paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays, as per employment policy. Salary is commensurate with experience. Hours of work are 8am-4:30pm Monday through Friday, with occasional night, weekend, and out of town meetings.
Interested applicants should prepare a resume, cover letter, and provide contact for three references. Cover letter should include a personal statement of why you want to work for the Seneca Conservation District and how your talents will further the mission. Specifying organizational values that you exude and particularly interesting examples of displaying shared values is encouraged in the cover letter. Materials can be dropped off at the office (3140 S SR 100, Ste D, Tiffin) from 8am-4:30pm Monday through Friday, or emailed to email@example.com.
Deadline to apply is March 11, 2019 at 4:30pm.
- All You Need to Know About the Conservation Reserve Enhancement Program - May 8, 2019
- New Incentive in Ohio’s Soil & Water Phosphorus Program: Ohio Working Lands Small Grain Program - May 8, 2019
- New Incentive in Ohio’s Soil & Water Phosphorus Program: Ohio Working Lands Buffer Program - May 8, 2019
- What’s New at the Farm?! - May 6, 2019
- Ohio Lake Erie Commission Seeking Submissions for 2019 “Life on Lake Erie” Photo Contest - April 11, 2019
- You Can Still Place Orders for the Tree Sale! - April 11, 2019
- Scholarship Offered by American Forage & Grassland Council - April 2, 2019
- Attend the Ohio Outdoor & Wildlife Expo! - March 15, 2019
- Meet the New Ohio Director of Agriculture! - March 13, 2019
- We’re Hiring! - February 14, 2019