Ohio Governor Mike DeWine has recently appointed Dorothy Pelanda as the new Director of the Ohio Department of Agriculture. Pelanda is from Marysville, Ohio (Union County) where she graduated from Marysville High School. She is also a graduate of Miami University and the University of Akron School of Law.
“My husband and I currently live on the farm where I grew up. I served as a State Representative for seven-and-a-half years and practiced family law in Marysville for more than three decades. I am so excited to take on this new role and to work with so many of you.” -Director Pelanda
In order to get to know Ohio’s food and agriculture community, Pelanda is traveling across Ohio to meet with residents of all counties though “Meet and Greet” sessions hosted by several Soil and Water Conservation District Offices. These informal, approximately hour-long gatherings will include a 10-15 introduction from Director Pelanda followed by a question and answer session with any attending guests. These sessions are intended to offer a chance for Director Pelanda to hear the thoughts and ideas of the people of our food and agriculture industry. Snacks and light refreshments will also be provided.
The Tri-County Meet and Greet allotted for Seneca County residents is
Friday, March 22nd at 2:30pm
Job & Family Services Conference Room
2511 Countryside Drive
Fremont, Ohio 43420
Ottawa and Sandusky County residents are also scheduled for this Meet and Greet. However, anyone is welcome to attend any Meet and Greet, regardless of what county they reside in. For the complete list of Meet and Greets, click the link below!
- All You Need to Know About the Conservation Reserve Enhancement Program - May 8, 2019
- New Incentive in Ohio’s Soil & Water Phosphorus Program: Ohio Working Lands Small Grain Program - May 8, 2019
- New Incentive in Ohio’s Soil & Water Phosphorus Program: Ohio Working Lands Buffer Program - May 8, 2019
- What’s New at the Farm?! - May 6, 2019
- Ohio Lake Erie Commission Seeking Submissions for 2019 “Life on Lake Erie” Photo Contest - April 11, 2019
- You Can Still Place Orders for the Tree Sale! - April 11, 2019
- Scholarship Offered by American Forage & Grassland Council - April 2, 2019
- Attend the Ohio Outdoor & Wildlife Expo! - March 15, 2019
- Meet the New Ohio Director of Agriculture! - March 13, 2019
- We’re Hiring! - February 14, 2019