Water Fest 2019 was a splashing success for the SCD staff, as we hosted over 200 people for a day of family fun at Miller Conservation Farm!
Activities at the third annual event included balloon blast, water balloon launching with giant slingshots, looking for creek critters with Jake from Heidelberg, butterfly crafts with the Master Gardeners, and hayrides. We also roped off a toddler area for tots 5 and under to enjoy splash pools, a water wall, and some giant bubbles. Older kids could try their hand at pool noodle target practice or the water shooting gallery. Especially popular this year was the giant inflatable slide, which was a return attraction made new with the addition of water.
It was a perfect August day; just what we needed to get people outside and the staff had a great time as well! Thanks to everyone for their time and support of this event, especially the auxiliary staff that delivered lunch or helped run an activity, looking forward to next year!
Mark your calendars for Water Fest 2020 on Saturday August 1st!
- 2019 Board of Supervisors Candidates - November 8, 2019
- Project Dragonfly – Earth Expeditions - October 7, 2019
- Milkweed Pod Collection Time! - September 13, 2019
- Water Fest ’19 – A Splashing Success! - August 22, 2019
- Sunset at the Farm - August 22, 2019
- Come Cool Off with us at Water Fest! - July 15, 2019
- Practical Talk – Keeping Your P in Your Fields for Your Crops - March 25, 2019
- Funds for Farmland Preservation - February 7, 2019
- River & Coffee & Conversation Workshop - November 26, 2018
- Practical Talk: Is Your Farm Ready for Biologicals? - October 23, 2018