In cooperation with the Tiffin-Seneca County Chapter of the Izaak Walton League, Seneca Conservation District (SCD) will host the annual Keith Owen Memorial Deer Hunt for the Mobility Impaired at Miller Farm. This annual event has taken place during the week of the Ohio deer-gun season since 1998. This year’s hunt will take place December 2nd-6th. The purpose of this hunt is to give those who have mobility issues the opportunity to enjoy the outdoor experiences associated with deer hunting. Hunters are chosen randomly through a lottery system. There are four hunting blinds positioned throughout the farm and each blind will have one hunter for each day.
Volunteers from the Izaak Walton League participate by assisting hunters to and from their blinds and field dress the animal, if the hunter is successful. Meals are provided by the Izaak Walton League.
If you are interested in participating in the hunt you can register for the lottery by clicking here to fill out the online application or by contacting Rick Hassinger at (419) 447-7073.
Applications must be received by November 13th! The hunters selected from the lottery will be notified by SCD and receive further instructions.
- Winter Fruit Tree Pruning Workshop - February 14, 2020
- Upcoming CRP Meeting - January 13, 2020
- Another Successful Hunt! - December 26, 2019
- 2020 Muzzleloader Hunt at Miller Farm - December 9, 2019
- The 2019-2020 Christmas Bird Count - December 2, 2019
- Bird Banding at Miller Farm - November 29, 2019
- Chainsaw Workshop at Miller Farm - November 5, 2019
- 2019 Mobility Impaired Hunt - October 16, 2019
- Youth Pheasant Hunt – October 26th - October 10, 2019