Seneca Conservation District has been a staple in the community serving Seneca County since 1949. Our knowledge and expertise in natural resources allows us to provide you with the resources you need to address the conservation issues of your home, backyard, or residential community.
Want to receive the latest HOME updates from Seneca Conservation District?
- Tree planters an soil probes to rent
- Rain Barrels and Marking flags for purchase
- Tile Camera for rent to inspect drain tile, sewer outlets, or catch basins for condition/obstructions
- Historical aerial imagery of Seneca County with maps dating back to 1939
We Help with:
- Nutrient Management– proper lawn fertilization & mowing guidance
- Improving Soil Health– through gardening cover crops, composting, or vermiculture
- Responsible Water Quality and Quantity Issues– from surface and subsurface runoff
- Protecting Wildlife Habitat– with food, water, and shelter enhancements for all types of animals, including advice on food and pollinator plots
- Conservation Education– resources tailored to adult and youth audiences in all mediums
- Investigations of wildlife damage and nuisance complaints
- Drainage and floodplain neighbor issues
- On-site consulting to attract (or deter) wildlife
- Sustainable living assistance
- Guidance to local officials to protect or restore natural resources
- Technical and educational presentations to small and large groups
- Annual Tree Sale
- Seneca County Floodplain Management Program
- Seneca County Ditch Maintenance Program
- Three areas for public nature access throughout the year: Miller Conservation Farm, Kelbley Wildlife Area, and Red Fox Wildlife Area
Did you miss the 2017 National Conference on Cover Crops and Soil Health? Never fear! It’s all here. Accessible to you!
We are hiring! Working with local landowners to improve natural resources is a very rewarding career. If you agree you should consider applying to join our team!
After working for years to help Seneca County farmers make a plans to plant cover crops that work in their fields and meet their goals, we have finally created an easy and simple way to make your own Cover Crop Plan!
Check out this amazing opportunity to learn more about predators!
Our annual tree sale is here! Order your trees today!
Planting pine trees provide many benefits to you and your property! We still have many pine trees left, so make sure you order your pine tree!
Are you a student attending college in the fall of 2018? Check out the scholarships SCD offers!
Here you will find the answers to some of the most common questions about ditch maintenance including taxes, watersheds, and ditch maintenance groups!
Are you looking to experience the outdoors more in 2018? Do you want to learn more about nature this year? Participate in our 2018 Seneca Conservation Challenge!