Seneca Conservation District has been a staple in the community serving Seneca County since 1949. Our knowledge and expertise in natural resources allows us to provide you with the resources you need to address the conservation issues of your home, backyard, or residential community.
Want to receive the latest HOME updates from Seneca Conservation District?
- Tree planters an soil probes to rent
Conservation related equipment and supplies for purchase
- Tile Camera for rent to inspect drain tile, sewer outlets, or catch basins for condition/obstructions
- Historical aerial imagery of Seneca County with maps dating back to 1939
We Help with:
- Nutrient Management– proper lawn fertilization & mowing guidance
- Improving Soil Health– through gardening cover crops, composting, or vermiculture
- Responsible Water Quality and Quantity Issues– from surface and subsurface runoff
- Protecting Wildlife Habitat– with food, water, and shelter enhancements for all types of animals, including advice on food and pollinator plots
- Conservation Education– resources tailored to adult and youth audiences in all mediums
- Investigations of wildlife damage and nuisance complaints
- Drainage and floodplain neighbor issues
- On-site consulting to attract (or deter) wildlife
- Sustainable living assistance
- Guidance to local officials to protect or restore natural resources
- Technical and educational presentations to small and large groups
- Annual Tree Sale
- Seneca County Floodplain Management Program
- Seneca County Ditch Maintenance Program
- Three areas for public nature access throughout the year: Miller Conservation Farm, Kelbley Wildlife Area, and Red Fox Wildlife Area
Come check out what’s new at Miller Conservation Farm!
The Ohio Lake Erie Commission is seeking submissions for its 27th annual “Life on Lake Erie” photo contest, which invites amateur photographers to submit their favorite photos of Lake Erie and surrounding landscapes.
Did you miss the deadline for the 2019 Tree Sale? Or change your mind and decide you want more trees? Don’t worry, you can still order!
Expand your family’s knowledge on the outdoors at the Ohio Outdoor & Wildlife Expo!
Meet the new Director of Agriculture, Dorothy Pelanda!
SCD is hiring! Check out our District Technician position.
The District staff will not be in the office February 18-22 for the Learning Journey to Iowa.
SCD is doing a forb plug sale and would like to give you the opportunity to purchase milkweed plugs as well as other pollinator friendly plants!
Monarch populations are reaching the highest numbers since 2007!