Seneca Conservation District has established a top of the line educational program that offers many environmental related programs available for educational purposes for grades K-12, while striving to teach our youth about the importance and value of our soil and water resources.
Want to receive the latest SCHOOL updates from Seneca Conservation District?
SERVICES & LINKS
- Educators with classroom instruction, presentations, & education trunks/materials on specific natural resource and agricultural topics
- Education materials and ideas on conservation for your classroom
- Educational tours at our outdoor learning lab known as Miller Conservation Farm
- Assistance to educators on grant applications for natural resource and agricultural education projects
- Educators with “Wild School” sites and fundraising
- Youth conservation trophies at the Seneca County Fair
- Conservation Camp scholarships
- Academic scholarships
- Mentoring/job shadowing experiences
- Three (3) conservation areas for public access- Miller Conservation Farm, Kelbley Wildlife Area, & Red Fox Wildlife Area
Learn more in the links and our latest posts below:
SCD is hiring! Check out our District Technician position.
The District staff will not be in the office February 18-22 for the Learning Journey to Iowa.
SCD is doing a forb plug sale and would like to give you the opportunity to purchase milkweed plugs as well as other pollinator friendly plants!
Monarch populations are reaching the highest numbers since 2007!
Check out the SCD Board information for 2019!
It’s time for our 2019 Tree Sale!
Every year, Jim Coffman sets up a banding station at Miller Conservation Farm to band Northern saw-whet owls. So far this year, he has banded 16 Northern saw-whets and 2 Eastern screech owls. Check out his guest article below! Thank you, Jim! It's 20 minutes until the...
Are you a student attending college in the fall of 2019? Check out these scholarships!
Meet the 2018 Tia J Rice Memorial Scholarship winners!