Seneca Conservation District has established a top of the line educational program that offers many environmental related programs available for educational purposes for grades K-12, while striving to teach our youth about the importance and value of our soil and water resources.
Want to receive the latest SCHOOL updates from Seneca Conservation District?
SERVICES & LINKS
- Educators with classroom instruction, presentations, & education trunks/materials on specific natural resource and agricultural topics
- Education materials and ideas on conservation for your classroom
- Educational tours at our outdoor learning lab known as Miller Conservation Farm
- Assistance to educators on grant applications for natural resource and agricultural education projects
- Educators with “Wild School” sites and fundraising
- Youth conservation trophies at the Seneca County Fair
- Conservation Camp scholarships
- Academic scholarships
- Mentoring/job shadowing experiences
- Three (3) conservation areas for public access- Miller Conservation Farm, Kelbley Wildlife Area, & Red Fox Wildlife Area
Learn more in the links and our latest posts below:
Come check out what’s new at Miller Conservation Farm!
The Ohio Lake Erie Commission is seeking submissions for its 27th annual “Life on Lake Erie” photo contest, which invites amateur photographers to submit their favorite photos of Lake Erie and surrounding landscapes.
Attention college students! Check out this scholarship opportunity!
Expand your family’s knowledge on the outdoors at the Ohio Outdoor & Wildlife Expo!
SCD is hiring! Check out our District Technician position.
The District staff will not be in the office February 18-22 for the Learning Journey to Iowa.
SCD is doing a forb plug sale and would like to give you the opportunity to purchase milkweed plugs as well as other pollinator friendly plants!
Monarch populations are reaching the highest numbers since 2007!
Check out the SCD Board information for 2019!