Seneca Conservation District has been a staple in the community serving Seneca County farmers and rural landowners since 1949. Our knowledge and expertise in drainage, soil health, water quality, and conservation practices allows us to provide you with the resources you need to address the conservation needs of your farming operation.
Want to receive the latest FARM updates from Seneca Conservation District?
- Cover Crop Resources for Farmers
- Seneca County Cover Crop Plan
- No-till drills, tree planter, and soil probes to rent
- Field flags, erosion control netting & staples for purchase
- Tile Camera for rent to inspect drain tile, sewer outlets or catch basins for condition/obstructions
- Watershed maps, tile maps and aerial photography of agricultural land
- Historical imagery of Seneca County with maps dating back to 1939
We Help with:
- Nutrient Management– with 4R fertilizer nutrient management plans
- Improving Soil Health– through cover crops, best management practices, and no-till equipment
- Responsible Water Quality & Quantity Issues– from surface and subsurface runoff
- Protecting Wildlife Habitat– with food, water, and shelter enhancements for all types of animals
- Managing Manure Nutrients– with sampling guidance, soil test analysis, crop removal balancing, and Senate Bill One advisory
- Pasture and Grazing Management Plans
- Engineering Plans for waterways, wetlands, livestock facilities, ponds, fencing, tile, and more
- Private spraying on rural ditches for agricultural landowners
- Research on new conservation and soil health related practices
- Investigations of agricultural pollution complaints from manure or sediment
- Wildlife crop damage/nuisance complaint investigations and consultations
- Annual Tree Sale
Hear from Chris Teachout how you can save time, increase biomass, and harvest more sunlight by interseeding cover crops into corn!
SCD will be holding an election to fill two empty seats on our Supervisory Board. We welcome your vote and thank each of the candidates for volunteering!
On Oct 23rd SCD hosted its first official field day for soil & water technicians showcasing the demonstration practices that will be installed at the farm!
Grab some friends and come out to our second annual end of summer celebration! Visit, eat, and drink one of the last nights of summer away together.
Check out the CREP Program!
Check out the Ohio Working Lands Small Grain Program!
Check out the Ohio Working Lands Buffer Program!
Come check out what’s new at Miller Conservation Farm!
Did you miss the deadline for the 2019 Tree Sale? Or change your mind and decide you want more trees? Don’t worry, you can still order!