Seneca Conservation District has been a staple in the community serving Seneca County farmers and rural landowners since 1949. Our knowledge and expertise in drainage, soil health, water quality, and conservation practices allows us to provide you with the resources you need to address the conservation needs of your farming operation.
Want to receive the latest FARM updates from Seneca Conservation District?
- Cover Crop Resources for Farmers
- Seneca County Cover Crop Plan
- No-till drills, tree planter, and soil probes to rent
- Field flags, erosion control netting & staples for purchase
- Tile Camera for rent to inspect drain tile, sewer outlets or catch basins for condition/obstructions
- Watershed maps, tile maps and aerial photography of agricultural land
- Historical imagery of Seneca County with maps dating back to 1939
We Help with:
- Nutrient Management– with 4R fertilizer nutrient management plans
- Improving Soil Health– through cover crops, best management practices, and no-till equipment
- Responsible Water Quality & Quantity Issues– from surface and subsurface runoff
- Protecting Wildlife Habitat– with food, water, and shelter enhancements for all types of animals
- Managing Manure Nutrients– with sampling guidance, soil test analysis, crop removal balancing, and Senate Bill One advisory
- Pasture and Grazing Management Plans
- Engineering Plans for waterways, wetlands, livestock facilities, ponds, fencing, tile, and more
- Private spraying on rural ditches for agricultural landowners
- Research on new conservation and soil health related practices
- Investigations of agricultural pollution complaints from manure or sediment
- Wildlife crop damage/nuisance complaint investigations and consultations
- Annual Tree Sale
Seneca County… We’re challenging you to #FarmWithGrit!
We’re hiring! Interested in joining our team? Apply for the MNM Assistant position!
We would like to congratulate Courtney Heiser, the winner of the 2018 Seneca Conservation District Scholarship!
BQA ensures producers are receiving quality beef from quality producers. Get certified today!
Come join us at our Summer Pasture Walk on Tuesday June 26th at 6pm at Phil Brodman’s Farm!
Keeping our river clean and healthy is important for everyone! The Sandusky River needs your help to do just that! How? Join the SRWC!
Looking for an amazing opportunity to learn more about the outdoors and conservation? Check out Camp Canopy!
Learn the answers to some common questions about the monarch butterfly, what others are doing, and how you can help the monarch in Seneca County!
If you did not get to attend this conference (or last year’s conference), it is all accessible to you online!