Seneca Conservation District has been a staple in the community serving Seneca County farmers and rural landowners since 1949. Our knowledge and expertise in drainage, soil health, water quality, and conservation practices allows us to provide you with the resources you need to address the conservation needs of your farming operation.
Want to receive the latest FARM updates from Seneca Conservation District?
- Cover Crop Resources for Farmers
- Seneca County Cover Crop Plan
- No-till drills, tree planter, and soil probes to rent
- Field flags, erosion control netting & staples for purchase
- Tile Camera for rent to inspect drain tile, sewer outlets or catch basins for condition/obstructions
- Watershed maps, tile maps and aerial photography of agricultural land
- Historical imagery of Seneca County with maps dating back to 1939
We Help with:
- Nutrient Management– with 4R fertilizer nutrient management plans
- Improving Soil Health– through cover crops, best management practices, and no-till equipment
- Responsible Water Quality & Quantity Issues– from surface and subsurface runoff
- Protecting Wildlife Habitat– with food, water, and shelter enhancements for all types of animals
- Managing Manure Nutrients– with sampling guidance, soil test analysis, crop removal balancing, and Senate Bill One advisory
- Pasture and Grazing Management Plans
- Engineering Plans for waterways, wetlands, livestock facilities, ponds, fencing, tile, and more
- Private spraying on rural ditches for agricultural landowners
- Research on new conservation and soil health related practices
- Investigations of agricultural pollution complaints from manure or sediment
- Wildlife crop damage/nuisance complaint investigations and consultations
- Annual Tree Sale
SCD is hiring! Check out our District Technician position.
The District staff will not be in the office February 18-22 for the Learning Journey to Iowa.
SCD is doing a forb plug sale and would like to give you the opportunity to purchase milkweed plugs as well as other pollinator friendly plants!
Seneca Conservation District has been selected as a local sponsor for the Clean Ohio Local Agricultural Easement Purchase Program!
Monarch populations are reaching the highest numbers since 2007!
Our team has been working for a couple of years to share the benefits of cover crops for farms! The passion and knowledge that cover crops, as a practice on conservation farms, are solutions to problems is not something we can keep secret. This spreading of the gift...
Check out the SCD Board information for 2019!
It’s time for our 2019 Tree Sale!
Every year, Jim Coffman sets up a banding station at Miller Conservation Farm to band Northern saw-whet owls. So far this year, he has banded 16 Northern saw-whets and 2 Eastern screech owls. Check out his guest article below! Thank you, Jim! It's 20 minutes until the...