Seneca Conservation District has been a staple in the community serving Seneca County farmers and rural landowners since 1949. Our knowledge and expertise in drainage, soil health, water quality, and conservation practices allows us to provide you with the resources you need to address the conservation needs of your farming operation.
Want to receive the latest FARM updates from Seneca Conservation District?
- Cover Crop Resources for Farmers
- Seneca County Cover Crop Plan
- No-till drills, tree planter, and soil probes to rent
- Field flags, erosion control netting & staples for purchase
- Tile Camera for rent to inspect drain tile, sewer outlets or catch basins for condition/obstructions
- Watershed maps, tile maps and aerial photography of agricultural land
- Historical imagery of Seneca County with maps dating back to 1939
We Help with:
- Nutrient Management– with 4R fertilizer nutrient management plans
- Improving Soil Health– through cover crops, best management practices, and no-till equipment
- Responsible Water Quality & Quantity Issues– from surface and subsurface runoff
- Protecting Wildlife Habitat– with food, water, and shelter enhancements for all types of animals
- Managing Manure Nutrients– with sampling guidance, soil test analysis, crop removal balancing, and Senate Bill One advisory
- Pasture and Grazing Management Plans
- Engineering Plans for waterways, wetlands, livestock facilities, ponds, fencing, tile, and more
- Private spraying on rural ditches for agricultural landowners
- Research on new conservation and soil health related practices
- Investigations of agricultural pollution complaints from manure or sediment
- Wildlife crop damage/nuisance complaint investigations and consultations
- Annual Tree Sale
Did you miss the 2017 National Conference on Cover Crops and Soil Health? Never fear! It’s all here. Accessible to you!
We are hiring! Working with local landowners to improve natural resources is a very rewarding career. If you agree you should consider applying to join our team!
After working for years to help Seneca County farmers make a plans to plant cover crops that work in their fields and meet their goals, we have finally created an easy and simple way to make your own Cover Crop Plan!
Looking to profitably raise food and fiber in healthy soil? Attend the Ohio Soil Health Symposium!
Do want to become a certified livestock composter? Attend a Livestock Mortality Composting Certification Class!
Are you interested in participating in an EQIP Program? The deadline to sign an application is March 16th!
Our annual tree sale is here! Order your trees today!
Planting pine trees provide many benefits to you and your property! We still have many pine trees left, so make sure you order your pine tree!
Are you a student attending college in the fall of 2018? Check out the scholarships SCD offers!