Seneca Conservation District has been a staple in the community serving Seneca County farmers and rural landowners since 1949. Our knowledge and expertise in drainage, soil health, water quality, and conservation practices allows us to provide you with the resources you need to address the conservation needs of your farming operation.
Want to receive the latest FARM updates from Seneca Conservation District?
- Cover Crop Resources for Farmers
- Seneca County Cover Crop Plan
- No-till drills, tree planter, and soil probes to rent
- Field flags, erosion control netting & staples for purchase
- Tile Camera for rent to inspect drain tile, sewer outlets or catch basins for condition/obstructions
- Watershed maps, tile maps and aerial photography of agricultural land
- Historical imagery of Seneca County with maps dating back to 1939
We Help with:
- Nutrient Management– with 4R fertilizer nutrient management plans
- Improving Soil Health– through cover crops, best management practices, and no-till equipment
- Responsible Water Quality & Quantity Issues– from surface and subsurface runoff
- Protecting Wildlife Habitat– with food, water, and shelter enhancements for all types of animals
- Managing Manure Nutrients– with sampling guidance, soil test analysis, crop removal balancing, and Senate Bill One advisory
- Pasture and Grazing Management Plans
- Engineering Plans for waterways, wetlands, livestock facilities, ponds, fencing, tile, and more
- Private spraying on rural ditches for agricultural landowners
- Research on new conservation and soil health related practices
- Investigations of agricultural pollution complaints from manure or sediment
- Wildlife crop damage/nuisance complaint investigations and consultations
- Annual Tree Sale
To unite in listening, articulating, and understanding for a stronger community and cleaner river, come to this conversation on nutrient management in the Sandusky River Watershed.
Thank you to all of our 2018 partners for a great year!
Meet the 2018 Tia J Rice Memorial Scholarship winners!
Enjoy good food while learning about biologicals from Dan Coffin, chatting with other farmers and reviewing pictures from local fields. Register by Nov. 13!
See why winter barley would make a valuable addition to your cover crop mix!
Seneca County Farmers- there is an new opportunity for YOU!
We love our partners and are so thankful for their support! Check out this #PartnerSpotlight on Buckeye Soil Solutions!
We love our partners and are so thankful for their support! Check out this #PartnerSpotlight on Sutton Bank!
Seneca Conservation District would like to invite your company or business to partner with us!